A Cast Iron Hobnail Teapot
I was working on a stereogram of a Japanese teapot, the kind you might find in a Japanese teahouse. You can see the stereogram here. Drawing the depth image for the stereogram and
creating the cast iron pattern were the inspiration for this month's Xtreme tutorial. It's not an easy tutorial and perhaps not one I would recommend for new users. But if you like following
steps (44 this month), I think the end result will be rewarding. There are some good moves in this tutorial such as the spout, the hobnails, and the textured cast iron technique. And the
subtle shape of the handle was surprisingly easy. I will say no more. On with the tutorial.
A Word from Our Sponsor:
Xara makes several graphics products and all of them are fun and easy to use. And Xara makes this site possible so it would be nice if you just went to these pages and had a look see. Thanks.
You are probably aware of Xara Xtreme but have you downloaded Xara Xtreme Pro? All the tutorials in this Workbook are done in Xtreme Pro, so if you don't have it, get it now.
Click here to download your FREE trial version
or to upgrade to Xara Xtreme Pro today!
Here are some other products made by Xara and links to the Xara.com Website.
- Xara Graphics Studio Xara's three most popular products in one irresistible bundle. Xara
Graphic Studio contains Xara Xtreme, Xara-3D 6 and Webstyle 4. This bundle will save you a bundle!
- Xara Menu Maker Create professional graphical NavBars and DHTML menus in an instant
with Xara Menu Maker - no technical or design skills required. (And Xara does all of the heavy lifting!)
- Xara Webstyle 4 Everyone can make quality web graphics with Xara Webstyle,
whatever your skill level. From banner ads to complete web pages, simply customize the templates.
- Xara Screenmaker 3D A 3D screensaver maker that's fast, fun and easy to use. Create
animated 3D text or tumbling picture cube screensavers. (This application will make you a hero in your office or home. And it is embarrassingly inexpensive!)
- Xara 3D-6 Xara 3D is the Number 1 tool for creating stunning, professional-quality 3D
web graphics. See why for yourself. You can use a 3D program and drive yourself nuts trying to figure out all that X Y and Z axis nonsense, or you can make your life easy (and fun) with Xara 3D. It's up to you.
- Xara 3D Heading Maker Add this great interactive tool to your web site and let your visitors make 3D graphics online.
- Xara Online Web pages stand out with Xara Online's state-of-the-art web page add
-ons. Choose graphics, text and photo effects, or advanced applications, all fully-customizable and on your site in minutes.
- BuyFonts.Com All designers need fonts - get yours for as little as $2 US. Question: Is
life a contest to see how few fonts you can use? With low prices and high quality fonts that you get at BuyFonts.com, do you need to ask?
to download a Zipped HTML version of this tutorial
©2008 Gary W. Priester
Tutorials are for private use only. No text or images may be used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the author.